Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gong Therapy


Huffington Post
Dar Dowling
12/11/2012


One Saturday night a few months ago, I immersed myself in a really delicious gong bath -- 
While clearly there's no water involved, in some ways it really did feel like a warm luxurious bath, as waves upon waves of oceanic-like gong music and the accompanying gong energy washed over my skin.
At times I could feel the music vibrating in my heart, and lungs and all the cells in my body --invigorating, exciting, and even a little freeing at times, while at others disconcerting, as if bits of old brittleness were being chipped off from hidden spaces in my psyche. An hour passed, and I hardily noticed, feeling energized and rested when the lights came on.
Everyone at the gong bath seemed to have their own "personal" experience, whether emotional, physical or spiritual. Some said they felt energized and rested, like they had a "really great night's sleep," while others reported feeling "blissed or traced out" or having a cathartic moment. Still others saw lights and colors behind their eyes, and one lucky friend reported having a "waking dream." According to Don, this isn't all that unusual: "We all live in our own universe, and the gong brings out what you need."



No comments:

Post a Comment